Football vs Basketball : Who’s Up for the Hype?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Haven Frazier, Editor

Every year at our school, football and basketball take the cake for have the most amount of people to show out and support our well-known teams.

This season, the varsity football team has already come on strong with their win against our rivals, the Blythewood High School Bengals. They also  demolished Lower Richland) Aug. 31. With these wins as well as a strong 2017-2018 season, we’ve seen the amount of supporters and students grow each game.

The same goes for our basketball teams, both girl and boys, with their successful 2017-2018 season. Basketball players will begin conditioning this month.

The football and basketball teams work hard for their successes and wins, powering forward to grow stronger each year. Each year, their supporters and followers grow, and each year, the number of people in the bleachers supporting the teams grows.

The question is: Which team would you rather show out for? We took to Instagram and around school to ask some students to vote for the team they come out to watch. (See image right

While the results are heavily skewed towards football, maybe it is now football season and everyone is excited to see their favorite players and dress up for the student section themes. Will that change when Winter Sports season rolls around and people are hype for basketball? We’ll have to follow-up and compare.

One thing’s for certain: this 2018-2019 sports seasons are looking really good and all teams deserve crowds to cheer them on as they go for the win.