Getting Hype for the Battle of the Woods

First pep rally of the year preps team & fans for game against rivals, Blythewood

Back to Article
Back to Article

Some of the senior varsity football players in their last, first, pep rally.

Madison Taylor

Madison Taylor

Madison Taylor

D'Naysia Garner, Editor

The first Pep Rally of the year got fans and players ready for the first home game of the year against our rival, Blythewood High School.

Leading up to the big day, Student Government put together a spirit week and, throughout the entire week, the days were based off rivalries including “Hot Girl vs Hot Boy” and “Clemson vs Carolina”.

The day of the pep rally was “Blackout Day”, where a large number of students and faculty wore black in support of the team.

As is tradition, the cheerleaders did a freshman tunnel to welcome all the new Redhawks to the school. With nearly 450 freshmen this year, it took a while for them to get settled. The band, majorette team, cheer and dance all performed, doing their best to entertain the crowd.

The Spirit Competition was won by the seniors, who all wore crowns that represented the kings and queens that they are. The cheerleaders performed a dance routine that included some tumbling and a bit of majorette.

As soon as the music started the crowd was on their feet dancing and singing along. Hyped up from the pep rally, a record crowd showed up and showed out to cheer our varsity football team onto victory and bring home the axe for yet another year.